All stays include use of the pool, the hammocks, and our three acre finca, sharing whatever fruit is in season, as well as our beach chairs and toys, coolers, snorkel gear, boogie boards, books and board games. Although we are essentially a staff of two, so with notice, and depending on the season, we can usually arrange, extras as well:
- Arrival dinners, $13/per person
- Catering for your whole stay, or just a meal, or two, from gourmet to camp-cook style
- Grocery, or other shopping, at a 20% service fee, to have a fridge full for your first day
- Excellent babysitting
- Amazing on-site massage
- Self-service laundry, $5.00 per load
- Cribs for a one-time, $25 set-up fee
- Wifi (for email only – no downloads) for $5 per person for the length of your stay.
- All rooms and small cabin rates are based on double occupancy, (room 1 is a three person base rate occupancy). Larger houses are based on a four person occupancy. Additional guests may be allowed in certain units, at a daily extra person charge of $30.
- Every once in a great while we may need to change your specific room or house. We reserve the right to make that change to either an equal accommodation or an upgrade, depending on the circumstances.
- Please note: Our main house, Casa Grande’s deck and lobby/living room are welcome to all smaller cabin rental guests, except however, when it is rented privately, to a group. We try to let you know in advance, when it will not be available for use — but sometimes its not possible, due to timing. Thanks for understanding.
- We love kids! but ask that:• No kids under age 5 in Casa Nueva • No kids under 7 years in Casa Grande, (except entire main house rentals)
- Puerto Rico Tourism room tax of 9% is not included
- Subject to change: We are not responsible for rates posted on all travel sites throughout the wondrous world wide web.
- We accept Visa and MasterCard, but to help keep rates low, appreciate you bringing personal checks or cash instead.
- No weekly discount during holidays, and school break weeks.
- 10% off stays of over 7 days
- High Season: 4-night minimum stay Thanksgiving to May
- Low Season: 2-night minimum stay May to Dec.
- During winter holidays (roughly Dec. 20 to Jan. 2) 5-day minimum stays are required, and individual rooms are not available, as Casa Grande rents out to large groups.
- Short stays can be arranged, with a one-time $50 short stay fee.
- The finca’s buildings are non-smoking.
- No pets please.
- Check-in & out: is generally 3pm and 11am, this is flexible, just ask if you need to change.
- Quiet hours are 10:45pm – 8am. For everyone’s happiness we try to be the quiet place, if you’re major or late night party-ers, you’ll likely be happier staying in Esperanza.
- Please help us keep rates low, and leave your kitchen clean with dishes done.
- Linens are changed weekly, including beach towels. If you would prefer more beach towels, it helps us if you bring them from home.
- We strive to keep things very tidy, and avoid using toxins of any kind. That means you may see a few bugs and critters. If that sounds creepy to you, you probably want to stay elsewhere.
- Even being known as the quietest place on the island, (with quiet hours of 10pm – 8am) be aware that there’s still the possibility of various noises: the frogs and crickets at night, dogs from the animal sanctuary — half mile away, laughter from kids in the pool, or the couple in the next room. Our simple plywood and open air houses let noise travel across our little village pretty easily, so if that “sounds” like a problem…you might be happier elsewhere.
Deposit, Damage & Cancellation PoliciesAll reservations require a 50% deposit. Group Stays (renting the entire Casa Grande or Finca, or two or more houses) have their own policies, below. We try to keep our rates as low as possible, but cancellations take time and cost us money. We suggest that you consider insuring your trip — as we cannot refund for travel delays, inclement weather, illness or accidents, etc. We don’t require a cleaning or damage deposit, but will charge the credit card on file if either replacement or housekeeping, above and beyond the norm, is required.
general (non-group) cancellation policyIf you cancel:
- 30 days or more before check in: you will be charged one half of your deposit
- less than 30 days before check in: no refund will be issued.
Group Cancellation PoliciesWe ask groups to pay both deposits and final payments by check rather than by credit card online. Call or email us to help you get things set up. We use your card to authorize and hold your reservation until your check arrives and ask that you pay the balance due upon arrival. If your group cancels:
- 6 months or more before check in date: you will be charged for the first full day of the group stay.
- 90 days or more before check in: you will be charged for half of your deposit.
- less than 90 days before check in: no refund of your deposit will be issued.
- less than 30 days before check in: you will be charged for your group’s entire stay.
need a short stay?Sometimes we can arrange them. especially if:
- your requested stay falls on the day(s) immediately adjacent to existing reservations. (available on our calendar)
- you pay a one-time $50 short stay fee
- contact us to arrange (the site software can’t process short stays)